We look forward to working with our local DNR staff in not only increasing habitat, but education about the walleye as well with work being done at the Peshtigo River
• Anglers lined up in the lower Peshtigo River in the spring.
• A big female. Look closely at the base of the dorsal and you can see a green floy tag.
• Closer up of a floy tag.
• 2012 survey on the lower Peshtigo River. Left to right WDNR fisheries staff Ron Rhode, Tammie Paoli, Rod Lange, Brad Ryan.
• Crew and shocking boat on the lower Peshtigo.
• A walleye with lymphocystis (and a yellow floy tag). In the spring, we get quite a few calls about fish having warty growths on them. Lymphocystis is a viral disease that is seldom fatal that seems to peak in the spring during colder temps and spawning stress…